Senior Network Engineer
Link to apply: https://careers-chaptershealth.icims.com/jobs/1761/senior-network-engineer/job
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. We'll help you navigate your individual experience – empowering you with more choices, education and guidance for these important chapters of life.
The Sr. Network Engineer is Responsible for the maintenance, development, and security of the computer information systems infrastructure for the Organization and its affiliates. Includes responsibilities for system utilization, system monitoring, implementations and upgrades. Provides technical support for computer systems on an agency wide basis, and serves as a 2nd level of support to the Network Analyst.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferable but may be substituted by work experience.
• Prefer one or more of the following Industry Certifications MCP, MCSA, CCNA, CCENT, VCA, or VCP
• Minimum of five years of experience in a networked computer environment, preferably in health care.
• Valid driver's license and automobile insurance as per policy.
• Ability to travel to off-site locations.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Based Operating Systems
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services including user, resource, and Group Policy management.
• Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, File Server, Remote Desktop Services, and Citrix Xenapp
• Strong knowledge of Email Systems, Microsoft Exchange
• Strong knowledge of Backup applications and technologies
• Strong knowledge of Application maintenance in a thin client environment.
• Knowledge storage networking; e.g. SAN, NAS, fiber channel, iSCSI.
• Knowledge of network protocols; e.g. TCP/UDP, ICMP, ARP, and routing protocols.
• Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of enterprise-level switches, routers, wireless controllers and access points.
• Experience with Virtualized environments; VMware,Hyper-V
• Experience with Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop
• Experience with Firewall and Load Balancing systems
• Experience with project and change management practices.
• Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server Systems
o Analytical, organized and able to effectively manage many tasks simultaneously.
o Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
o Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgement.